Nude Eyes & Bold Lips.

Hello everyone!

Kolkata has been very confusing all this while and has experienced downpour as well as a sunkiss out of nowhere. This has resulted in humid conditions and fellow bloggers like us, cannot even think of a daring smokey eye!

I have been waiting to write my next post like anything and share with all of you, what exactly have I been planning to write and what am I thinking lately. Coming to blog posts, I have always wanted to experiment with Makeup, experiment with different style of clothings and wear all sorts of prints. Doesnt matter what suits one or what not - because that comes later. But, I have always been wanting to just try. I think its fun, right?

When it comes to experiment, colors can be so much more interesting. I know that, because I have done it myself and I am sure all you makeup lovers will agree to this. When you feel enthusiastic about something that you never tried before, say, and after some years you learn, you always have the urge to try some more - try in different styles, make wings, statements, try to get bold and just free yourself. This post is so much more dear to me because I generally do my eye makeup with a liquid or a gel liner at the end but I haven't used any liner here. This was my first attempt and I think I have done justice to it.

Nude eyes and bold lips?
Whats that now? Will I apply any color on my eyelids? And will my lips look too much bold that would make me hesitant to step outside? Will that be too much?

No it won't. I assure you. How?

Nude eyes with bold lipcolors balance each other. Always remember to balance the whole look. For example, when you want to go heavy with the eyes, like a smokey eye, always go for subtle lip shades like Soft pinks, nude shades. Doesn't matter if you pair it up with a red lipstick (which I have shared in one of my previous posts) but then, you need to identify the nature of the occassion. When you go for nude eyes, go all bold with your lipshades. That is what the trick is. Do the opposite always. At the end, its all about playing with colors and making the look fall into place. 

Coming to the breakup. I have used very easy and affordable products for this look. I have created this look for a Family Dinner, and I wanted to go all dolled up in a traditional attire. I chose this saree which was a wedding gift from my neighbour. A 2 hour beauty nap before stepping out, I know that is hilarious but we all do it right? 😁

All set for the makeup!

Now, you wake up with a rotten pig face with no hues of makeup. You just have half an hour to get ready and all you think all day, is that, I will do a smokey eye tonight because its a red saree.


I was only thinking, but then I came across my Desert Rose Eye Shadow Quartet from Lakme 9 to 5 and realised that nudes can look better too. I started off with the Oriflame Beauty Perfecting Face Primer. After a minute or two, I have applied Ponds BB Cream and Lakme Skin Tints Souffle in the shade Light. Mixed the two for an even skintone. The base is ready.

Time for some eye makeup. I have applied shades from the Desert Rose Quartet from Lakme 9 to 5 only, as I have mentioned before. It has 4 shades with an eye shadow applicator. I usually do not use the applicator, instead, I always go with brushes. I took some golden shadow and applied it all over the lids, mainly concentrating on the inner corners and center of the lids. I have the light brown shade applied lightly on the crease line and on the outer corners. Smudged the colors evenly for a smooth finish. No kohl has been used here in this look. I always complete my eye makeup with a mascara. I have The ONE Lash Resistance Waterproof Mascara from Oriflame on my lashes. The best, I believe! ☺

I have The ONE IlluSkin Blush from Oriflame for my cheeks in the shade Luminous Peach. It comes with a blush on that is applied on my cheeks a little for some natural color and a highlighter for my cheekbones, temples, bridge of the nose and on the chin area for that natural glow. For the lips, I have lined them with Colorbar Nude Pink 007 lipliner and filled the lips with it. Applied Chambor Powder Matte's 'Rubis Rouge' shade. It a light orangish Red. But, attractive.

Statement necklace with central metallic danglers picked from the streets of Kolkata sometime ago. Earrings from Senco Gold, Kolkata. It is so much fun to experiment with colors. If you like the look, try it and please do not forget to drop a feedback.

Follow me on:

Facebook: My Fragrance History
Instagram: @myfragrancehistory/@shatabdiroybanerjee
Twitter: @shatabdimfh
Mail: myfragrancehistory.blog@gmail.com

I will be back with my next post very soon. Till then, keep experimenting and smiling! ❤

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Color Inspiration!

Doy 'The Jungle Tales' Limited Edition Bath Soaps | Review

DRAPING A 6-YARD BEAUTY!