MY FOOD SWINGS.

Hello all you beautiful people!

I know I didn't write for a while now but I wanted to post something different and interesting today, for all of us who are reading this post. I want to thank all of you who takes their time out from their busy schedules and makes a point to read all my blog posts.

So Thankyou ! And please keep reading :)

A minute ago, while you were reading this, I have mentioned that I wanted to post something different and interesting today. I wanted to write something about my food swings that I often go through. Trust me, I completely do. At times, I feel like I want to know, what it feels like, to have two whole roasted chicken with vegetable salad and some mint seasonings to go with it, for a day, all by myself? Sounds crazy I know because many foodies would fathom, that I have either gone mad or I am completely weird. 😂

Okay. Back to what I wanted to say. Many people do not know, what Porridge is! In India, many people would name it 'Daalia'. I will explain it for you all. Porridge is a hot cereal which is just similar to oatmeal. It has all types of crushed grains, including oats, wheat, rice or barley. It offers numerous benefits :

1. This hot cereal is very rich in Fiber.
2. It has a high level of Protein content and
3. It helps stabilize Blood Sugar level.

A fiber rich diet may also decrease the risk of Homorroids and reduces Blood Pressure. Many clinics also recommend eating 5 to 10 grams of soluble fiber each day. A 1/2 cup of Porridge contains 3 grams of dietary fiber.

Do you know? That porridge helps in proper digestion and also contributes in weight loss. I now know, my friends who are having issues in losing weight, will start having Porridge now. And I suggest, you do it ! 😊

Now, vegetable wheat porridge does not require too many ingredients as it sounds like, right now. I will quicky share the recipe that my Mother-In-Law just shared with me, an hour ago. First, cut veggies of your choice. Mommy added capsicums, carrots, some onions, a potato, a green chilli, all finely chopped and kept aside. Take the required amount of Porridge that you would like to cook, in a Kadhai and stir fry it until the colour changes to light brownish. A 5 minute stir over medium flame, should work. When the porridge changes color, add water till the grains are finely soaked in it. When the porridge turns heavy or if you see lumps, turn off the flame and drain the excess water. Keep it aside.
Meanwhile, in a different kadhai, heat some vegetable refined oil and add a pinch of Garam Masala, a mixture of ground spices that are easily available in departmental stores and other groceries.
When the aroma is up, add onions and stir fry until transparent. Add all the chopped veggies and fry them nicely. Add a pinch of salt, some kashmiri chilli powder for color, and a pinch of turmeric. Stir and let it cook for a minute or two.
When the veggies get cooked, add the porridge and cook it till the porridge turns dry and the water dries up completely. Add salt if you want to and turn off the flame when you see that the porridge is cooked.

Your vegetable wheat porridge is ready to serve.

Cereals and snacks like these are very much healthy and tasty. Half of the world population in this century, preferably the younger generations, prefer healthy food first and I think it is very much okay to switch to cereals and healthy meals if you want a balanced lifestyle and if you haven't really thought about giving it a try before. 😊

Try it and I am sure you would like it. If you want to know more recipes or if you have any feedback to provide, then please leave a comment below in the comments section and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for reading.

Love ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doy 'The Jungle Tales' Limited Edition Bath Soaps | Review

My Color Inspiration!

DRAPING A 6-YARD BEAUTY!