OF STONES AND BEADS !

Hello everyone!

Back after a day, full of work, shopping and other things as it was a Sunday. A lot of whispers have been going on in the house since morning and I know my husband's upto something as tomorrow I'll be celebrating my 25th Birthday! Yes - another year 'Younger'! I think I love surprises anytime. If that makes one happy, why not do it often. Heeeehaaaa 😀

My obsession with colours and makeup never ends - not at any point. I was recently travelling as I had to attend a family wedding in Assam, I have already mentioned that in my previous post. I have always loved makeup and I also love how it works as a weakness for me.

Sarees have been my favourite clothing  ever since I have learnt to drape it. I think Indian women is in their best when they drape this 6-yard beauty. It is nothing but 'Pure Elegance'. It can make anyone attractive - the wise trick is to drape beautifully. The saree that I am wearing here is a Zardozi Embroidery Saree. Let me tell you some more about it.

Zardozi embroidery is a beautiful metal embroidery which was once used to embellish the attire of the Kings and Royals in India. The work includes adorning walls of the royal tents, scabbards, wall hangings and the perapharnalia of regal elephants and horses. Zardozi embroidery work involves making elaborate designs, using gold and silver threads, whenever necessary. Further adding to this giant beautiful work are the studded pearls and precious stones. It hails from the Persian word that means sewing with Gold strings. Its existence in India has been from the time of the Rig Veda and it prospered during the Mughal Emperor, Akbar but later a loss of royal patronage and industrialisation lead to its downfall.

Zardozi sarees are available Online.

Coming back to the look, I have draped this beautiful saree at a family wedding recently, in Assam. Please note, that the makeup products that I basically use, to show you looks or what you see here are mostly brands that are Indian, easily available - both Online and in Cosmetic Counters too. Explaining the look in details now.

I have used the Beauty Perfecting Face Primer from Oriflame as the base. A primer always makes your makeup stay for a much much longer time, especially in Summers when you tend to sweat a lot and at times, the skin turns oily due to the harsh heat of the Sun. Blame it on the Indian Weather ! Yeah !

Ok, I have used a silver shade from the Nude & Grey Palette from Oriflame for both the lids first. Used a dark brown shade from that same quartet to highlight the outer corners concentrating mainly to create a wing, smudged that with a smudge brush. Lined my eyes with Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Black. Lined my upper and lower waterlines with Maybelline Colossal Kajal in Black. I make it a point to finish off my eye makeup with a Mascara. I have Loreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara to do my lashes. Amazon is giving off makeup products at a much less rate. Must go and check that out.

The eyes here were very much highlighted and I realised that later. So I decided to go subtle with the lips. I opted for nude shades to look more natural as the Saree was enough to grab all the attention there. I have used Lakme 9 to 5's 'Red Chaos' and 'Pink Bureau' both for my lips. The colour came out really nice and the face looked more bright after application.

No blush has been used here. A little highlighter on the forehead, nose, cheeks. The pearl set that you see me wearing here is from Chandrani Pearls. The blue neckpiece is from Senco Gold. A little Red Bindi to complete the look - Signs of a married woman you see! 😁

I wanted to know if you all like this look and also my other posts. Please feel free to always drop your feedback and other querries, if any, at myfragrancehistory.blog@gmail.com and connect with me.

Thankyou girls ❤✌

Information Courtesy : Google

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doy 'The Jungle Tales' Limited Edition Bath Soaps | Review

My Color Inspiration!

DRAPING A 6-YARD BEAUTY!