GO TRADITIONAL.

A Business Management Graduate, pursuing Chartered Accountancy, who also happens to be an extreme Makeup Enthusiast, is a rare combination!

If one asks me how, then I would readily say - It happened, just like a piece of cake!

Again, How?
Like seriously, HOW?

OKAY. JUST!

I have always loved Makeup and experimenting with colours. But, never really had the nerve to explore the depth of it.
Nevertheless, much credit goes to the Facebook Group called 'Makeover Madness. Its about what suits You.' Founder, Sreenanda Shankar who is a Dancer, an Actor and a Makeover Consultant, started just like that - three years ago. Now, Makeover Madness has more than 15K+ members and gives makeovers ocassionally at the Makeover Madness Studio, Kolkata. I am a tory follower of Makeover Madness for over three years and few months now, and I am still learning.

I have been quite fascinated by Makeup - as in how much other women wear, which are the colours that they choose and how they apply it. I often see women, taking advantage of the down-time offered by their commute, brushing blusher across their cheeks or expertly dabbing eyelids with a shimmering shadow.

I see these women miraculously transformed - from tired-looking to doe-eyed and dewy-skinned.

WOAH! I think.

How does she do that? How does she know, which colours suit her? And how much to apply?
And why, despite the fact, that I have a drawerful of the stuff and spend atleast 10 minutes putting it on in the morning, does my end result never look close to that?

The essential function of makeup is to present the best possible version of ourselves to the world.

Now, women who choose not to wear makeup always look impossibly dreary : a fresh, unmade-up face will always be more appealing than one caked in unflattering layers of foundation!

Lets go on - Indulge in the curiosity. How much makeup, if any, does one wear? Has she ever mastered a smoky eye? Where did she learn to apply it - from her mother? A cosmetic-counter tutorial? Or through a good trial and error? How much is 'TOO MUCH'?

I think, first, it is very very important for all of us to be happy in our own skin. Makeup should be a source of comfort for one, something that one should enjoy applying it, not just use it because of any influence or dominance.

I have done a soft smokey eye look with classic red lips here. This picture is about a year old and clicked by a dear friend. It was Ashthami morning in October and I wanted to get all decked-up in a traditional white and red Taant Saree - Typical Bong you see.

I have Lakme Eyeconic Kohl on my lids, smudged unevenly. I have a dark brown shadow on my crease line, blended that well to look more natural. I have a champagne shade on the brow bone but that isn't really visible here. I am wearing Chambor Powder Matte Range's Lipcolour in the shade 'Rubis Rouge'. If you are looking for a classic Red lipstick that doesn't stain or is long lasting without making your lips look flaky or dry, Chambor is the one!

I wanted to go subtle with the attire because the makeup was more or less, bold. Smokeys and Red lips are always classic. It makes your eyes pop and makes you stand out. All you got to do is just go ahead & do it.

One can always try different looks, experiment with colours and see what suits them. Remember, it is never too late to TRY!

Bhalo Theko! ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doy 'The Jungle Tales' Limited Edition Bath Soaps | Review

My Color Inspiration!

DRAPING A 6-YARD BEAUTY!